Sunday, December 6, 2015

Update from Mama Sue

Oh my goodness....!!!!   I can't believe I haven't updated this blog in sooooo long!  I hope you all had a very blessed Thanksgiving!

We are currently in our North Carolina home and had over 30 family members here for dinner on Thanksgiving.  My daughter brought one of her maltese with her, so Ladybug had fun having another doggie to play with.

Mike and I seem to be doing ok, health-wise.  He is doing better, learning to walk on his prosthetic leg.  Of course, he will never get back to where he used to be, but we are so thankful that the foot with the ugly, draining wound is gone, and his leg healed quickly and totally.  God is good.

I have most of my Christmas shopping done, online.  I have been busy making quilts for the family members who asked for them.  Both Kyle and Tyler asked for Army quilts.  David wanted a Syracuse quilt.  I made a lacrosse quilt for my grandson, Steven.  Wish I had gotten a picture of that one.
Mike bought me a new sewing/embroidery machine for Christmas.  I can't wait to try it out.  I'm waiting for some stabilizer paper to come.  Who knows...maybe I'll start a little business for myself, making doggie clothes with their names on them. We'll see.  Right now I want to finish a couple of receiving blankets for our new grandson.  He was born November 28th, and named Wyatt Dustin, born to our daughter Jeffie (Jennifer) and her husband, Dustin.  They are thrilled beyond belief, after having lost their first one last year.  Jeffie and Dustin live in Louisville, Kentucky.  We are looking forward to traveling there soon to meet our new little guy.

I will try to send along some recent pictures.

I hope you are all enjoying this Advent season, in preparation to meet the Christ Child on Christmas Eve.  May we all look up, as our redemption draweth nigh.

Love and all of God's blessings to all~

Mama Sue

Cheryl, Landon and Layla at the Southern Christmas Show in Charlotte

Mike and Landon, who always perches on Mike's prosthetic leg.  LOL
Jeffie and Dustin with Baby Wyatt