Sunday, December 6, 2015

Miss Bailey Glory from Buffalo, New York~








Happy All Saints Day, Sue! And a happy belated Halloween! This year Curley
went as Eeyore and Miss Bailey Glory went as a bee. They were so adorable.


At almost three and a half, Bailey continues to be an absolute delight to
have. She is wonderful with her special needs big brother and helps us keep him
safe. As you may remember, he came to us deaf and blind in his left eye and at
thirteen, is now losing the sight in his right eye as well. When we go to the
park she helps us corral him and when we come home, she wakes him up to tell
him. If he's sleeping and we leave the room, she brings him to us when he wakes
up so he's not wandering around looking for us.

Last weekend I made an
unexpected trip to Albany, then on NH with my Dad to help him get the dock out
of the lake. Alex and I already had plans to come down again this weekend so I
could get my snow tires on and Dad could take Alex fly fishing. Of course,
Bailey didn't know she wasn't being left behind again, so she set about ensuring
that she got to go by stowing away in my suitcase. She's too cute, Sue!


She's been so good at Grandma and Grandpa's! She did get me up at 4:20 this
morning, but only because it felt like our usual rising time of 5:15 with the
clocks going back last night. My seven year old niece and five year old nephew
came over today and even though they were running around and playing she hardly
did more than watch them. This is great progress over last Christmas! She's
just not used to being around kids- we live a very quiet and sedate life- so for
her to be around these two adorable kids and hardly bark was wonderful!


Tomorrow it's back to Buffalo for us! Next weekend I'll put away the
Halloween decorations and begin my cleaning in preparation for the holidays. I
get it from Mom. She calls it her Advent because when she's doing these
physically demanding, but mind wandering tasks, she reflects on memories from
our childhood, blessings from the past year, what the season truly means, and
what she hopes for all of the family in the coming year.

I hope all
continues to go well with you and that Mike continues to recover. I so enjoy
seeing all of your quilts. You do such beautiful work, Sue, and I'm sure they
will be treasured by each recipient. I'm currently cross-stitching stockings
for Mom and Dad for next Christmas. Mom knot stockings for me, my brother and
my sister, but never made any for her and Dad, so I'm going to and once I'm done
with those, I'll start on the ones for my brother's family and then my
sister's.

Have a wonderful November, Sue! We'll be in touch at the end of
the month after the kids have their annual visit to see Santa!

Love,
Sarah &
Bailey Glory

Note from Mama Sue~

Oh my goodness!  I just noticed the word "draft" after your post...that means it was never published!  I am soooo sorry!   Please forgive me!
Love you,

Sue