Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Update on Sue and Mike~

Good afternoon!

It is a lovely Tuesday...the weather is gorgeous. I am enjoying the day, doing what I love best....taking care of Mike ( aka Grumpy)and working on my baby quilts. Here is the latest quilt I made. For this one, my piece of fleece wasn't large enough to bring up to the top around the edge for a border, so I added a "satin edge". I was nervous to do it, since I have never done it before. But I followed the tutorials I see on YouTube, and used a zigzag stitch, and it went on without a hitch. Super simple! I didn't do a great job on it, but I'm satisfied with it.
I will pass it on to one of the grand daughters for Christmas.



As most of you know, Mike had surgery on Friday to retrieve the lens that had fallen back into the inside of his eye last December, in hopes that it would restore his eyesight. Unfortunately, the surgery was not successful and he still cannot see with his left eye. But we are thankful that he made it through the surgery safely. The doctor told us ahead of time that he wasn't guaranteeing anything as far as restoring his sight was concerned, so we went into it with our eyes open. (no pun intended)

Little Ladybug is growing so fast! We finally gave her a little haircut on Sunday afternoon. We had a family picnic here, and my son shamed me into clipping her hair. LOL I haven't gotten any good pictures of her as yet, but she sure looks cute! It made her look all grown up. I'll post the best one...but it isn't very good. She loved seeing everyone at the picnic and had a grand time!