Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Miss Maggie Mae from Erie, Pennsylvania~



Hi Sue!

It’s been a while since I’ve written, but I do keep up with your blog. I’m glad you still have it as I enjoy seeing what the other High Calling Cockers are up to as well as pictures and stories of your new little one. I’m so sorry that Mike has had so much going on and hope that the VA can help him with all of it. Our prayers are with you both!

I have to say your quilts are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures, one was prettier than the next. I’m sure your grandchildren will cherish those forever. I still have the quilts my grandmother made and think of her every time I have them out.

Pat is a regular on the volunteer crew of the Flagship Niagara, a replica of Oliver Hazard Perry’s tall ship he defeated the British with in the Battle of Lake Erie in 1813. He loves being part of the crew on tall ships and has sailed on 3 different ships so far. Currently he has been on Niagara for 3 weeks sailing between Erie, Monroe, OH, Toledo, OH and is now in Kingsville, Ontario. They’ll be leaving Sunday to return to Erie.

Maggie Mae turned 3 years old last Friday, the 21st. It’s so hard to believe we’ve had her 3 years already. Hopefully Muffin and Smithers had great birthdays too! I took off from work at the Erie VA to spend her birthday with her doing all the things she enjoys and going to all her favorite places. We had a wonderful time and she got treats wherever she went. I attached a picture of our birthday girl in her birthday suit. She has truly been a blessing and we love her dearly!

Our choir at church begins rehearsals on 9/9. Summer just flew by! Hopefully everyone will be back for the new season. It’s always nice to have the break in the summer, but it’s nice to get back to seeing everyone again too.

That’s about the latest from our family. I hope all goes well for you both and hang in there!

Take care and blessings always,
Linda, Pat and Maggie