Monday, March 17, 2014

"Miss Bella" from Tuckaseegee, North Carolina~



Hi,

Sorry I haven’t written or been in touch but I’ve been in the hospital since JAN. 1, 2014 until last week! But the news I must tell you is tearing my heart out. Our much beloved Bella passed away while I was in the hospital. She and Bethany were getting ready to be boarded at the Vet’s Kennel. She was taken to the vet and while she was there she suddenly developed massive kidney failure. Bella died in Dr. Black’s arms. She called me at once and she was still crying over Bella. She told me there wasn’t a dry eye in the entire office. Bella was much loved by so many people.

We had been offered a position to join the Warren Wilson University’s new program using well trained Therapy Dogs to work with the Faculty, Staff and Students in the stressful day to day experience of University life. We had also been asked to join the Memorial Mission Hospital Therapy Dog team. Bella was becoming well know and well loved.

This email is probably the most difficult I’ve written since the passing of my mother in 2009. Bella helped me so much during that time period! That is how we became a Therapy Dog Team! Right now my tears are falling hard and my heart breaks for such a special dear friend that God brought into my life. I don’t know what I would have done without finding a breeder who love’s God and had such a high standard and quality to her breeding program.

Bethany still look for her big sister and I’ve bought her a new bed, some new toys, and a new car seat along with a few other items to help her through this difficult time. She’s such a comfort to me and I don’t know what I would have done without her!

I know you’re busy with Mike, your own health and family but I want to thank you for being the person that you are. God bless you and your family! I always pray for you and all!

I know I’ll need a name for another excellent breeder of beautiful cockers. I know you probably know someone of your quality and standards. People are asking when I’ll train another Therapy Dog. But, we know it takes a special Dog for the program. But please let me know.

Much love to you and those who have received their Therapy Dog Certificate from those precious High Calling puppies.

Please pray for me and Bethany and much love. Call anytime.

Love,

Cherrie’ and Bethany (I’ll try to get some of our last photos passed along )