Monday, July 30, 2012

Bentley (Patton) from Buffalo, New York~

After his Sunday bath~

Chillin on the porch swing~
Hi Sue


First week report card.

First two nights were "ruff". Bentley cried and sounded like an injured whale and cried "ouch"..it actually sounded like ouch! He pawed his water out his bowl...I gave him corning ware dishes, he did the same. I then reverted to my past dog Harley's bowl (adult size..and deep) and he is perfectly eating and drinking from them. He decided o the second day he did not want to be in the crate. I sat at the kitchen table while he settled down....that night he only cried for about one hour on and off. Third night about 20 mins of whining.

Then all of a sudden he realized it was not that bad and I put him in for naps and by Saturday and Sunday he went down about 9:30 for the night till 5 am on Sunday morning and today at 4:30 am! It worked out well that I was off last week and was able to train him. Bentley only had about 3 mistakes in the house so far. I bought puppy pads and have not used them. He just drags it around the kitchen. He has been on several rides...once to the vet for his checkup and to my parents about 4 times. I have him sitting in the front seat and he stays pretty well. He learned to do the stairs going up last Wednesday, and today he learned going down (slowly). All in all it was a wonderful week!! He is such an added joy to our family. I am adding a few pics!

Best to you and your family!

Kathy