Monday, July 30, 2012

"Miss Bailey Glory" from Buffalo, New York~




Dear Sue,


What a wonderful week it's been! After two days, Bailey was sleeping through the night. The thunderstorms that rolled through about 3:00 Wednesday morning had her and Chica up, but after laying down in front of her crate we all went back to sleep. We don't need an alarm clock anymore because she somehow knows when it's exactly 6:30 in the morning.

We start our day with a walk up to the corner and back. It would take Chica and I about 20-25 minutes. The first day with the three of them it took almost an hour. We've now whittled it down to 30-35 minutes, perfect for when I head back to work tomorrow. We take at least 3 walks a day (I've lost almost 4 lbs this week, Sue! Thanks!) and she gets all the attention, especially yesterday and today with the Garden Walk going on.

Friday we took Bailey over to our friends' house for one of our "pizza nights." They have two little girls, 1 and 3, so it's easier to go to their place (plus we don't have waiters doing their best to get us to give up our table :). They absolutely wore Bailey out and she loved every second of it since the other two are 10 yrs old and aren't much into playing with her. Earlier that day I went and traded in my car and left the kids with Daddy for about two hours. I was at the dealership when Bentley's Mom, Kathy, called to catch up. She said he's doing as well as Bailey is. And based on what I came home to I can only assume he fell asleep and allowed them to run amuck because the order the house has been in all week had descended into absolute chaos. I got a VERY warm welcome home from two and four legged creatures alike!

You all and the Johnsons remain in our daily prayers and we hope Madison is doing well. She has a lot of people praying and pulling for her!
Love,

Sarah
PS-We love the leash you sent home with her-I usually shop at PetSmart and don't remember seeing them there, but would like to pick them up for Chica and Curley as well. Would you mind telling me where you find them? Thank you!