Friday, August 19, 2011

Halsey and Spruance from Morristown, New Jersey~



Afternoon nap in the kitchen

Curious about my new house

Getting comfortable in bed

The ride home from Syracuse

The slickers were not a big hit


Hi Sue,
It’s been one week and I wanted to check in to let you know that Halsey and Spruance are doing very well and have made a smooth transition. They seem very comfortable now and have settled in to a nice schedule. Both are adorable when they play. Their favorite game is tug of war with a “skineeze” chipmunk. I have a video of it on my phone. I’ll try to figure out how to get it off and send to you. It is a riot. Spruance is getting stronger each day, now he wins sometimes.


Both boys are able to hold their bladders for about an hour and a half at a time and are only getting up once in the middle of the night. When they go outside, they are able to go on the grass (but didn’t like wet grass at first.). The settle down in their crate at night after about 10 minutes which is nice.


Spruance tends to be nervous at first, but once he gets comfortable he stays confident. Halsey, shifts back and forth between being nervous and super confident, so we need to work on that, yet Halsey is very good about calming Spruance down. At the beginning of the week, Spruance was more of a “touch and tinkle” guy, he’s getting better now that he is on a schedule. Halsey fully empties his little bladder each time which is nice. I find I need to walk them separately to potty, because they have a tendency to want to play rather than potty.


They love riding in the car. As soon as I turn the engine they settle down and are wonderful in the car. We achieved a little milestone. Halsey was able to climb 6 steps of a stair case (although he needed a little boost for the first one). Spruance is still a little small, but once he saw Halsey climb, he tried as well. He needed a boost for the first step and then managed three more.


The boys have met the neighbors and experienced a whole new set of sounds. They are very popular new additions to the Franklin Street community. Everyone we meet says how beautiful the boys are. They visited the two Chihuahuas next door. My mother was out with them on Wednesday and came upon a woman walking her Labrador. The Labrador was very well behaved and sat quietly by her owner. Our boys were also well behaved – but curious about the big dog. So rather than sitting, they stood alert in their hunting stance each lifting their right paw. The cool thing was that they did everything completely in unison.


I bought the entire assortment of Blue Buffalo treats, because I didn’t know what they would like. Halsey is quite picky when it comes to the treats. Some flavors he likes, and some he doesn’t. But Spruance will eat any flavor offered up with gusto.


I have attached some quick phone pictures. I hope all the other puppies are doing well too.
With Best Regards,

Ann-Casey & Family






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



From: MrsSusanMartin@aol.com [mailto:MrsSusanMartin@aol.com]

Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:16 AM

To: Ann-Casey Campagnolo

Subject: Regarding the pictures~











Never mind! Found them! My daughter mentioned that my memory card was probably full and that the pictures were probably in the internal memory of the camera itself. I took out the memory card, and "voila!!!"...the pictures downloaded. Yippee! I'm happy now!!!



I will get them on the website today.







Sue







www.highcallingcockers.com