Thursday, June 4, 2015

Thursday morning musings from Mama Sue~


Here is my little "Ladybug" this morning.


     Such a nice morning outside!   The tall willow tree loomed overhead, off in the western side of the lawn. Several poplars were growing nicely together in a low spot (in what used to be a farm field) toward the south.  I noticed the shadow of a bird fly across the grass, and looked up to see a pair of red-winged blackbirds enjoying the day. I hear baby birds in the lovely birdhouses that Mike and Kim graciously sent us several  years ago (parents of Natalie and Chloe from Monson, MA)  I wondered what the day had to offer for us.  I know the physical therapy lady will be here this morning, just before lunchtime.  I know that's an aggravation for Mike, but in the long run, the strengthening exercises will help him to walk (actually "hop") on one foot with the walker. My heart breaks for him.  I wish he wasn't going through this.  But I choose to look at the glass half-full.  He is now pain-free.  He is minus a leg and foot, but also minus the agony he had.  For that, we are thankful.

 I got smart and placed a patio chair out in the middle of the yard so I didn't have to just
"stand there" while Ladybug did her "business".   I remembered from when I was teaching others how to housebreak a puppy that they poop twice....and she did.  Good girl!

She is learning the routine.  When she was all done, she ran to the steps and tried to jump up.  It was a "no-go".  I know exactly how she feels!  Mike is 6 ft 5 in, and it has always been a source of contention for me to try to navigate those steps.  He is the one who built the framework and poured the concrete...to accomodate his long legs.  The steps are wayyyy too high for "little me", much less our "Ladybug".  I stooped and picked her up, cradling her in my arms.  We would make the attempt to scale this mountain....together.We have been given a mountain to climb.  God will get us through it.  He has given me a Ladybug to keep my mind off my trials...to help me learn to climb.  He is gracious.