Monday, February 18, 2013

"Miss Bailey Glory" from Buffalo, New York~








Hi Sue!

Bailey's new batch of brothers and sisters are just beautiful! I was so excited to see their photos today. Congratulations!


I know you've been incredibly busy the last few weeks, getting Tink and Sweetie's litters to their forever homes and preparing for Snuggie's latest, so I didn't want to bother you until things had maybe quieted down a bit...I hope! I was wondering if you received the update I sent you on Bailey Glory on January 22nd? It was two e-mails with some recent pictures from the holidays. I can't believe she'll be nine months old next week, Sue!

Since my last update, she's gotten into a bit of mischief, but it's all my fault. I knew better. I love to read in bed and last Monday night, I forgot to bring the case for my glasses into the room with me. They're fairly new-I've only had them since late October/beginning of November. I was too lazy to get back up and go get it. I'd gotten the blankets all nice and toasty. I put them where I wouldn't roll on themt. Apparently she wasn't ready to go to sleep when I was. She jumped up on the bed while I was sleeping, found them and chewed them up. Fortunately, I bought the warranty and for $25 am getting a whole new pair...which I will be much more careful with...It has not dissuaded me from attempting to leave her out of her crate during the day. I was going to start next week, but I'm going to wait until after Chica's recovered from her surgery now. The two of them like to rough-house a bit and Chica will need to rest and stay quiet for a few weeks, so now we're looking at mid to late March as a target date.

In addition to fetch, her favorite game is to run under and around Chica and Curley while I'm trying to get their coats on them for our brisk walks. It takes us three times as long to get out the door, but it does make me laugh watching them tapdance around her.

Chica's surgery is set for the 26th. They're going to remove the tumor and biopsy it, then we'll decide where to go from there. If it's grade 1 or 2, we're to watch it and if it comes back, have the toe amputated. If it's grade 3, he recommends having the toe amputated right away, but that means it's metastasized and at 11 years old, we'd probably only do it if it was bothering her. The recovery is 6 weeks. Why take away 6 weeks she feels good to give her six weeks or a few more months where she doesn't? The quality of our kids' lives are always my top priority.

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to serve on jury duty. With a Father who's an attorney and a Brother who's a State Trooper, Dad was sure I wouldn't get picked. He was wrong-I was selected as an alternate. I really enjoyed the experience. The hours were great-I could sleep in an extra hour, got 2+ hour lunches and got a TON of work done on my Christmas crafts for this year! It was a criminal case-fortunately nothing with any gory photos. It was fun to get a taste of what my Dad and Brother do.

That's about all the news from the Cedeno household. After putting away the Christmas decorations, I've been able to spend the last few weekends catching up on movies. I'll even admit to spending all of yesterday watching the Love Comes Softly marathon on Hallmark Channel. If you haven't seen the movies yet, please check them out. They don't exactly follow the books, but they're good in their own right and they've kept the same message and focus as the books-perfect for this Lenten season!

Take care!
Love,

Sarah & Bailey Glory