Saturday, October 20, 2012

"Miss Bailey Glory" from Buffalo, New York~





Hi Sue!

     Someone stole my fuzzy puppy and left me this very grown-up looking little girl in exchange! Didn't Alex do a great job?! It's the first time he's ever tried this cut. Usually he just shaves them bald, but Bailey's so beautiful we're going to keep her in full coat, so he consulted the source of all knowledge...youtube...and here she is! A mini-Cocker! I'm hoping that if the vet has to shave a patch on one of her legs when she's spayed on Friday he can do a back one-it will be less noticable there, I think.

      Bailey has found many things to like and dislike about Fall. Blowing leaves...HUGE like! Chestnuts and crabapples-how much fun are they to carry around in your mouth...for a mile?! Spooky Halloween decorations that turn on when you walk past them...yeah...not so much...

     This week she figured out how to jump on our California King-sized sleigh bed...I was kind of hoping that would take her a while yet. The first time she jumped up there when we weren't in the room she couldn't figure out how to get down. I was in the family room with the older two, watching TV, and she started barking so I called her. When she didn't come I went to see what was wrong...I admit it-I couldn't help it-I laughed when I saw her up there, obviously struggling with how to get down. She hasn't jumped up there without us since. She did jump up there the other night when we again attempted to leave her out of her crate for the night. Apparently she decided she didn't want to sleep on the floor and I woke up with her nose in my mouth like she was giving me CPR, which was unpleasant for two reasons-it was Midnight and I must now acknowledge that Alex is right-I probably snore...
I     'm looking forward to having another week home with the kids following Bailey's surgery. That will be two weeks that I've taken to just relax at home. Usually I use my vacation for trips home or to see Alex's family and we're constantly on the go. I have some great photography books lined up to read and some wonderful classics lined up on Netflix. It's going to be a great week!
Hope all is well with you and the family!

Love,

Sarah & Bailey