Monday, October 22, 2012

"Archie" and "Toby" from Fleetwood, Pennsylvania~

 



  Hi Mama Sue,

You will be receiving several photos of Archie and Toby as I am not very computer literate and wanted to let you know that they are alive and doing very well.

Archie continues his work as a therapy dog and always does very well, no matter what the circumstance. He is my independent boy and does well either alone and with other dogs/people. Toby is taking a class with Awesome Dawgs and doing much better when around other dogs. I have come to the conclusion and the dog trainer agreed, Toby does not do well with excited dogs and he tries to correct their energy. He loves people, young and old alike and I hope to have him get his therapy dog certification later in the year. In the one photo sent, Toby is carrying a green bean in his mouth. I removed the bean after several minutes and it did not contain even one tooth mark! He remains a petite cocker with a Great Dane persaonality! He greets people at the door always with a toy in his mouth, ready to play. The boys bring great joy to my life and I thank God for bringing them into my life to take care of!

I hope you and Mike are doing well and hope that your vacation to Hawaii was wonderful. Tim and I had a great time in Alaska, so much to see and do. I highly recommend it! While in Alaska we went to see a musher's camp. This is where they breed and train the dogs to pull the sled. I was privileged to hold 4 week old and 8 week old puppies! At least I was able to get some dog kisses while in Alaska,

God Bless,

Kathy

Note from Sue~

        As much as I would have loved to have gone to Hawaii to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary, it was just not meant to be.  We were married there when Mike was in the Marine Corps and was on leave from Vietnam. Mike is disabled and doesn't get around much these days, having to wear a cast on his foot to offset the weight off the foot wound.  Instead, my daughter and I went to Georgia to see my son off on his deployment to Afghanistan. I would love to go to Alaska with Mike someday!  That would be a dream vacation for sure!