Sunday, November 13, 2011

Emily from Quincy, Massachusetts~



Hi Mama Sue,

It's me Emily writing to tell you of my most recent misadventure. As you know, I am extremely fond of catching insects - flying or crawling makes no difference to me.

This November the temperatures have been unusually mild up here in Quincy, so that the flying and creepy crawlers are in abundance in Mom's garden. To my great fun, I carefully and diligently stalk them and when I feel the moment is right, I make a diving leap, head first into the bushes, leaves, flowers or mulch. Sometimes success is on my side - other times not. This past week, however, I came out of the garden with a not so good case of conjunctivitis, which necessitated a trip to the Vet's.
The end result Mama Sue is not much fun for me....It's not bad enough that I have to have eye drops put in both eyes 2-3 times a day for five days; but now there are black mesh nets all over the bushes and ground in my backyard domain so that I can no longer dive for insects. Needless to say, my backyard hunting has come to a halt.

Oh well, winter will soon be here and I will be looking forward to all the snow falls and climbing Mt. Emily once again.

Love you Mama Sue and thank you for including me in your Fall Smile Box.



Your Little Emily