Sunday, October 9, 2011

Emily from Quincy, Massachusetts~



Hi Mama Sue,

I just had to write and tell you of the intruder that came into my backyard yesterday....It was early

afternoon when I went through the gate into the backyard and immediately smelled an unfamiliar
smell in my domain. Nose to the ground I began to follow this unusual scent which led me to the
back corner of the garage. All of a sudden it appeared right in front of me; a 7 foot green monster
with ears of corn hanging off it and a straw doll tucked in amongst the tassels. Oh Mama Sue,
I did not like this monster and all the neighbors heard that I didn't like it. No matter how much I barked
it just stood there looking down at me; it didn't run away like the squirrels do - it just stayed still looking
at me.
My family came out to find out what all the commotion was. Daddy picked me up and we walked slowly
over to the monster and Daddy began to touch it. He told me it was all right and wouldn't hurt me to which
he added it will only stay a couple of months and then it will disappear and won't come back again until
next Fall.
It took me a few hours, but I finally decided it wasn't going to move or hurt me, so I stopped barking and
basically I just ignore it now BUT if the truth be known Mama Sue, I still don't like it, but I will tolerate it
 cause my Mama likes her fall decorations.
I'll say good-bye for now; I'm heading for the park with my brother, Tim.

Love you Mama Sue.

Your Little Emily