Sunday, December 19, 2010

Archie and Toby from Pennsylvania~





Hi Mama Sue,


How are you doing? I see that you are the proud grandma of a new little baby boy,oh, I'll bet he fits nicely in your arms. I hope and pray that mommy and baby are both doing well from this early arrival. He probably just wanted to be here in plenty of time to see Santa!



I would love to send you a picture of Archie and Toby as I have this camera that takes some wonderful pictures but I just can't figure how to do that without running to the store and having a CD made, so very frustrating. Anyway, the boys are doing just super! They sat on Santa' s lap the other week and had their pictures taken which I will just send to you the old fashioned way, by U.S. Postal Service! They both were so very well behaved! Santa held Toby first for his picture and then held Archie for his. Santa then asked if I wanted a photo with them both, so I siad that we could try. Well, they both kept an eye on me as I stood behind the photographer, what good boys!



On December 14, Toby went to the vet to be neutered and he weighed in at 12 pounds! Archie at the same age was 19 pounds, what a big difference. Toby is such a peanut but he certainly gives Archie a run for his money, as Toby is the little instigator in the races that occur nightly ( sometimes morning as well ) in our yard. He has discovered that if he runs in a straight line Archie has no trouble catching him, however if he zigs and zags, well then Archie can not catch him nearly as well. You stay out of the way when they are racing. Being only 2 days since the surgery, Toby is not allowed to run or harrass Archie! This is quite frustrating for him! But while Toby was at the vet having surgery, Archie spent 3 hours at Kutztown University participating in their Pet Therapy Day. This is a day that is held once a semester and held during finals week. The purpose of course is to give the college students some therapy and have them be more relaxed during their tests. We met with many students and Archie loved all of the attention especially the belly rubs. He did some of his tricks and made the kids laugh! The organizer told me that she never met such a nice cocker spaniel and that he is an ambassador for all cocker spaniels!



I wish you and your family a very Blessed Christmas and a Healthy New Year!

Hugs from me and wet sloppy kisses from Archie and Toby,

Love,

Kathy