Monday, August 16, 2010

Elliott from Southport, Connecticut~





Wow! What a weekend! We are worn out, but enjoyed every minute! On Saturday we drove to Syracuse to meet up with Elliott's new mommy and daddy, Joanne and Paul from Connecticut. They are lovely people, and I know Elliott is going to be spoiled beyond belief. LOL




from Joanne~

Hello Sue,




I have only had my little pup for two days and we all love him so much. He is a great dog and is everything I could have hoped for. We had an uneventful ride home from Syracuse. We made a few stops for Elliot

to take a bathroom break, which he did beautifully. Yesterday, we had our usual Sunday Italian family gathering. The house was packed with kids, Aunts and Uncles, and a one year old cocker that is my brother's dog. Elliot was the star of the day and he was given lots of welcome home presents. He took turns going to everyone and falling asleep in their arms. I was actually glad about that because I did not want anyone to step on him with all the confusion. Don't worry, ...I did not give a meatball or macaroni or any of the morsels from the various courses. I will be strict about the dry puppy food for a while.



Right now I am in my home office and he is asleep at my feet on a very fluffy cushion that fits perfectly under the computer desk. He has not had one accident in the house yet and oddly knows the instinct to "go" on the grass. So far, so good, but I know we have a long way to go with the process and perfection should not be part of any expectation.



Thanks again for meeting us in Syracuse and especially for Elliott. He is just what I needed since the loss of my 15 year old beloved cocker. Little Elliot is showing great signs of filling his paws in every way and my prayers have been answered. Once again, I thank you with all my heart and will stay in touch often. I will send photos asap.



xxJoanne