Sunday, August 29, 2010

Toby (Timmy) from Fleetwood, Pennsylvania~


Hi Mama Sue,


I hope that as I write this you are having a great time either preparing for your party or just winding down from a great day. The purchase of Toby ( Timmy) was sort of compulsive for me and I do believe that the Lord was giving me a little shove! I thank Him daily for bringing this absolutely darling baby into our home. He has met quite a few people already and everyone wants to sneak him away from me! Is it any wonder? The gals at the vet's office were so happy to meet him, and my 2 co-workers came to my house yesterday and one of them put him into her purse with only his little head sticking out and said quickly, "well, I gotta go!" Don't worry, Sue, that baby in not leaving my sight, nor Archie's! He has been fabulous with him, so even tempered. They play in the house, they play in the yard. Each one thinks that they need to go into the other one's bed and they also want to eat each other's food. Mealtimes are fun as I sit on the floor with them hand feeding them at times so they remember who is actually in charge! I have taught Toby to sit, down, and roll-over. Of course he still needs some prompting with a kibble of his food. Archie on the other hand sits with us and follows my commands as I give them Toby. Of course my big boy gets a kibble of Toby's food as well!

Tomorrow, Archie will go to church with us ( unless it is raining, a wet dog in church would not be a big hit I'm afraid ) as he missed an opportunity today to visit with a nursing home with some other therapy dogs. My husband and I helped our 27 year old son Chad get some things ready for his move next weekend. Of course I packed up little Toby in our cat carrier and he went along as well. Chad and his girl friend, Amy, were happy to meet him and he fell asleep in Amy's arms. He slept most of the time with not a whimper heard from him. House training is still challenging but it will all happen in good time. I am sending 2 photos of the boys. It is always so cute when Toby hides under Archie, as you will see in the one photo.




Well, God Bless you Sue and Mike,

Love always,

Kathy and the Boys!