Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dixon from Columbus, Mississippi~

Dear Sue,

I hope things are great for you, your husband, and the kids(human and puppy)!! I am going to send you pictures of Dixon, but I had to share this one of him getting a kiss from his cousin at Christmas. I still do not know how to send my pictures on email,so when my niece sent this to me I knew I could forward it to you. Dixon has exceeded all our expectations. He is beautiful. Everywhere we go people say OOOh !! He's a movie star. He is so intelligent. He minds beautifully, and he house trained like a champ. He is always in the bed with whoever gets up last. Christian was sick for about 2 weeks this past winter and Dixon never left his side. He would stand on the edge of the bed and put that big paw on him and pat him. He is gentle and fun and loves to play frisbee, ball, and hide and seek. He has several stuffed animals that he likes out in plain view for his pleasure. One of the best things about him is that after a bath, he actually dries himself off. We take him out of the tub and spread two towels on the floor. He scoots and rolls on them until he is dry. He weighs 22 pounds now. He is tall and slim. The first time we took him to the veterinarian he told us he wouldn't have recommended a cocker for Christian, but after getting to know him, he's amazed. He says he has never seen a dog with a better temperament. Sometimes Dixon falls asleep on the examination table. Sue, I can't thank you enough for the joy this little one has brought into our lives. He has been a blessing in every way.
God bless you and your family!!

Love,

Dixon's Family ( Tim, Nancy, and Christian )