Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Archie from Fleetwood, Pennsylvania~





Hi Mama Sue,


I just wanted to update you on Archie. He has been a very busy boy lately. This past Sunday, he attended church services with us, his 2nd Sunday Service! The Pastor always finds a way to include Archie's presence in his sermon. Monday night he went with his dog class to a miniature golf and driving range. On this visit, we actually played a round of miniature golf! I must admit, this did not go very well, as Archie had a VERY difficult time NOT chasing the little ball. Finally, on the last couple of holes, I gave up or maybe gave in and left him have the ball. I led him to the "hole" where I showed him the special treat that I had with me. Telling him to "drop it" into the hole, he then got the treat! Not sure how many strokes this would account for but then again, I did not have enough hands for a pencil and scorecard. Afterwards, he got to hang out with his dog friends and got a taste of my "sticky bun" icecream and my daughter's mint chip icecream.



Today he went to work as a therapy dog visiting the local elementary school where he was read to by several learning support children. He did exceptionally well with the children, especially a little boy with multi-disabilities and was admired by the staff. The children giggled when he did several tricks for them. One teacher's aide asked me if he was a show dog!



I know that you hear this often, but I can't say enough what a wonderful temperament he has. He is so tolerant of all situations and wants to great everyone that he meets. My daughter and I are always checking your website to see how your puppies are doing. We get excited when it is time for a litter to go to their forever home as we know the joy that we have had since Archie came to his forever home! God Bless you Sue and your family and we keep you in our prayers always!

Love and many many doggy kisses,

Kathy

=