Monday, June 21, 2010

Emily from Quincy, Massachusetts~



Hi Sue,


How on earth you do everything you do is beyond me. I got exhausted just reading your last message. Congratulations on Sophie's babies. Did you arrive home in time to deliver these little bundles or did Katie step up to the plate for you? What a sweet girl she must be.
Speaking of sweet girls, my baby is asleep on my foot as I am writing you this email. She seems very comfortable here now with us, although she really doesn't like to sleep alone. Even at nap time she wants a leg or a foot to lean up against. I am sending along one of her arrival announcements this week, hope you like it. I am sending them out to friends and neighbors. My neighbor, Anne, was waiting for us to come home; we weren't in the door 20 minutes, when she came over. Oh how she raved about little Emily; she kept kissing and hugging her then she took her over to meet another neighbor, Kim, who reacted the same way Anne did. Jack, the black cocker spaniel from down the street stopped by with his Daddy this morning; he and Emily met through the fence. Jack is 4 years old and a real sweetheart. Emily liked him well enough through the fence but wasn't very happy when he came into her yard. Compared to Emily, Jack looked like a giant - but a gentle one.
I'm so sorry Mike wasn't feeling up to par; he has really had a bad time of it lately. We do hope things change for the better real soon. Isn't it nice that Valerie could help her Dad out. Nursing is a great profession and it must ease your mind somewhat knowing that Val is there for you.

Emily has her first vet appointment on Monday at 10 am; I'll write and let you know how she makes out. Thank you again for everything you have done for me and our baby.

Love to you Sue,


Donna