Sunday, August 2, 2009

Archie from Fleetwood, Pennsylvania~


Hi Sue,
I just received my newest photos and had to share one of Archie with you. His temperament never fails to delight me! We had him tied on our back porch so that he could watch my hubby in the garden as well as my son mowing the lawn. We got some company and they approached him, without any of us right there, well, he was so happy to see these strangers ( to him they were strangers) he wiggled all over as he waited to be petted. I loved it. I truly do have hopes of Archie being a therapy dog, and his current puppy kindergarten teacher is trained as a therapy dog instructor. Hopefully, we are on the right track.

Archie is the star student at puppy classes, as he demonstrates how to walk on a leash, with his face watching me for instruction, moving as I move. When we practice come when called, he joyfully bounds back and forth between my daughter and me as he hears his name, never any hesitation! Mamma Sue, you would be so proud of him! He had his first full hair cut the other day, it is getting hotter here and the coat on his back was getting thick. I hesitated trimming him, but he looks so handsome now and his coat is even softer! He seems attracted to the bees as they hover around the clover in our yard and would love to investigate in the field behind our house after the farmer has spread his manure! Both of these activities could get him into trouble!! Well, enough for now enjoy the picture and don't forget about the Dog Grooming Expo in Hershey in September!
God Bless you Sue, with puppy kisses from Archie,
Kathy
=