Friday, October 17, 2008

Sparky from Illinois~




Hello Sue,

I saw the beautiful angel box Cherrie` and Bella sent you, I hope you are doing well after the fall. Thank also for all the new things on your site...blogs, slideshows and etc.
Sparky is doing very well, he went to the vet. this Wednesday for his booster. I thought they were only giving him a rabies shot, but they gave him another puppy booster, and are waiting another three weeks for his rabies. The Doctor thought it would be safer to divide up the shots since he was a little puppy. He weighs 10.4 pounds, and is growing fast, and is very active. They want to neuter him before he forms any bad habits that his male hormones may cause. I wanted to wait until six months, but may not if it would be better to do it sooner.
He was tearing up his pretty bed so I had to take that away, but has a nice fluffy throw to use. I guess the foam in the bed was too much fun to leave alone. Sparky is really starting to show his independence, and is wanting to be boss, but we disagree with this. He also disagrees with having his face trimmed, but he is getting more use to it, I bribe with treats. We work on at it just a little at a time. I always get so amazed at how wonderful he is with new people. He walks into the vet's exam room thrilled to see Dr. Stacy. I am so glad he is not afraid of people. My nephew from Australia came for a visit, and Sparky was thrilled to see him, like he had known him forever. I just know he will be a wonderful, loving dog after his puppyhood, he is loving now, but is busy being an active puppy.
I noticed in the slideshows you had a group pictures of Sophie's puppies, and was wondering if you had one of Daisy's puppies. If you do, could you please E-mail me one for Sparky's memory book? My little GEM, Sparky is just perfect for me!

God Bless you and your entire family, and the High Calling Cockers.
Love,
Linda