Saturday, December 3, 2016

Update on "Mama Sue"~

Hello to all my High Calling Cocker family!

Well, I know I promised you all an update around Thanksgiving time, but I've been so busy, I'm just getting around to it today!

Ladybug is enjoying being here in North Carolina, as she has the run of our big fenced in yard. She never seems to tire, playing fetch, and tennis balls are among her very favorite toys!

Our daughter, Katie, and her new baby boy, Caleb,will be arriving in January to stay with us for five months while her husband is in Air Force training. We've never met the little guy, as he was born in Hawaii and we were afraid the long flight would be too hard on my Sweet Boy. (Hubby...aka "Grumpy")

For now, I have "Danger" here with us, which is my black and white champion male. My daughter took him with her to Hawaii and she will be taking him when her husband is through training and gets to his new duty station. Ladybug and I are having a wonderful time with Danger here. He's so sweet and loving. She is really enjoying having someone to play with who speaks her "language". hehehe Who knows...I just might have puppies next year from these two. I'll have to give this a little more thought and prayer.

Thanksgiving was so busy here. We had a house filled with family, and I ended up cooking complete turkey dinners on both Thanksgiving and also the day afterwards.

Just before Thanksgiving, we went on our very first cruise. It was a five day junket to the Bahamas. We took our daughter Cheryl and her two little ones. We really had a ball, and are looking forward to going again someday soon. I will be adding pictures as I get around to it.

As most of you know, I have taken up quilting for a hobby and really enjoying it. I think my family is all "quilted out", so I have decided to sell the ones I make to help pay for the fabric I've invested in. You can see the quilts I have for sale at this link High Calling Quilts
I made a really cute "cocker quilt" for a precious friend. Here are some pictures of Andrea as she got the quilt out of the box.   Isn't she soooo pretty?  And her dogs are precious!



I am in the process of making some quilts for Christmas. If you are interested in any of them, please email me at MrsSusanMartin@aol.com

Please visit my quilt website to see what I have available.
 High Calling Quilts

 I will be adding the Christmas quilts to my quilting blog soon.
I listen to worship music in my quilting studio as I create each quilt. They are truly a creation from my heart to your home.

I hope you all are enjoying this Advent season leading up to Christmas! It is my very favorite time of the year!

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for sending your son, Jesus Christ to redeem us!

 God bless and keep you all!