Saturday, September 19, 2015

Saturday September 19, 2015~


























Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update on what's going on in my life. We will be leaving for North Carolina in a couple of weeks, so trying to get caught up here before we leave. I especially want to finish the grandchildrens' Christmas quilts before we leave. I just finished little Tommy's quilt. I designed this one all by myself. He loves drums...so I got some drum fabric and "fussy cut" the drum images out for places on the quilt. Then I got some material called "All that Jazz" for the majority of the quilt. I just machine quilted around all the squares in the material to attach the back to the top...and just brought the fleece up around the edges and stitched them down. Works for me! LOL I used black fleece on the back, but I won't do that again. It picks up everything and hard to keep looking nice. Live and learn. Anyway, little Tommy will like the quilt I'm sure....even if it isn't "pretty", it has what he loves on it.

Blessings to you all this weekend~

Sue