Monday, June 1, 2015

How my day went yesterday~

Oh my goodness.....trying to keep this secret from Mike for 5 WEEKS! He can't believe everyone knew but him. How funny is that????

Yesterday, the flight was supposed to get in around 4:30. My daughter came over to change Mike's dressing, and we had decided ahead of time we'd pretend to go grocery shopping afterwards. I was busy making my list all day. Mike didn't want me to go grocery shopping since the weather was so crummy. We had been getting a steady rain. But when I "casually" mentioned to Valerie that I needed groceries, and did she want to go (tee hee), he was very happy I had someone to go with. Before we left, I noticed the flight was going to be an hour delayed. OK...so we kill some time, chatting with Mike. Then on the way, I checked my phone, and it was going to be an hour and a half late...so we stopped at Tim Hortons for a Cafe Mocha. Yummy! Then, half way to the airport, I checked my phone again, and see that the plane had already landed!!! YIKES! After all of that, it came in a half hour earlier than they said! Of course, I was stressing the entire time because in the excitement, I had forgotten to charge the battery on my phone, and I was so afraid I wouldn't get a "welcome" picture of our little girl. Valerie assured me she had her phone, so I wasn't to worry. When we got there, the lady in the United Airlines office said, "Oh my goodness...is this YOUR puppy???? She is absolutely beautiful!!!". And she was right! We took her out of the crate and the lady got her puppy-fix, loving on her for a few minutes before we left. Val went to take a picture of me holding my new baby, and of course, she couldn't. Her memory was full. LOL
Murphy's Law. I was down to about 3% on my phone. I had just enough on there to get a picture, email the breeder to let her know the pup arrived safely, and email Cherrie'. (I still haven't heard from her!)
We stopped for groceries and while Val did my shopping for me, I spent some quality "one on one" time with my new baby. When we got home, I wrapped the baby up in a towel to hide her, and handed her to Mike. He said, "What's this???" as he unwrapped his "gift". LOL He really loves her. We are truly blessed.