Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"Ranger" from Hot Springs Village, Arkansas~


Hi,

Ranger is now a full-fledged therapy dog! This is the article that appeared in the Hot Springs Therapy Group newsletter. He is such a sweet little puppy!

Hope you and your family are doing well. I check out your blog quite frequently.

Kaynella

FEATURED PET OF THE MONTH

"The plane has landed! He's here"

My previous cocker spaniel passed away several years ago. I finally realized I was ready to let another "wiggle butt" into my heart, so I scoured the internet and finally found the breeder that met all my needs. However, she happened to be located in Wilson, NY! My new "baby", Ranger, was born December 3, 2011 and eight weeks later he was on a plane flying to Little Rock, AR!

Ranger was a sweet, good-natured puppy right from the start-also very bright! I also shared with the breeder that I wanted Ranger to be a therapy dog, so even his first few weeks were surrounded by kindness. When he was a year old, I enrolled him in the Canine Good Citizen course and he passed! He and his yellow lab "sister", Heidi, were certified as Hot Springs Therapy Dogs the next year. I have always been very passionate about literacy, so it was an easy progression for Ranger to become a certified R.E.A.D. ® dog, (Reading Education Assistance Dog).

After my retirement, Ranger and I want to become much more active in Therapy Dog visits as well as doing "Reading with Ranger" programs. In the visits that we have done, Ranger has proven to be a friendly, loving friend to everyone he meets. His little tail never stops wagging. He definitely has lived up to his nickname, "wiggle Butt'.

Thank You

KAYNELLA