Friday, July 5, 2013

Note from Sue~





Hello to all my High Calling Cocker Family~
I hope you all had a very happy 4th of July celebration!  I want to take a few moments to update all of you on how we are doing.  I appreciate each and every one of your emails and letters and cards so much!  :")  Mike and I bought a home in North Carolina in May.  We stayed with our daughter for the past six weeks and during that time, Cheryl and I painted the entire interior of the home.  Then Mike and I drove to Georgia to welcome home our son, David, from Afghanistan.  He serves with the Army, stationed at Fort Stewart.  It was such a wonderful welcome home ceremony!  :")  Our son, Kyle, is currently at Air Assault School at Fort Campbell, KY.  We are hoping to go see him graduate from that next week.

We flew back to our home in NY a few days ago.  I have been taking Mike to the VA Hospital for appointments as he is not well.  I myself have not been well either, and spent the day in bed yesterday.  So sad, as our entire family is in town and my daughter had a big picnic for everyone.  I was just too tired to attend.  Finally pulled myself out of bed, ...realized there was essentially no food in the house since we've been gone for 6 weeks, and went grocery shopping.  It was only by the grace of God I got through that.  I would appreciate your prayers that I get better and that Mike is healed also.

Tonight is the wedding rehearsal for our daughter, Katie and her fiance', Jon.  Tomorrow they will be married and start their lives together.  I am praying for God's grace to get through the upcoming festivities.  I don't know how long we will remain in NY before going back to NC and getting our new home set up.  Your prayers will be appreciated.