Thursday, February 14, 2013

"Drummer Boy" from Grand Junction, Colorado~








Hi Sue!


It is SO cute to see all of the puppies! You sure have your hands full!

I noticed (quite a while ago, actually) that Sherry and her clan (from

Westville, Florida) have adopted one of Tink and Danger's little guys!

Congrats to them! They caught my eye because I remember that they are part of

Drummer's "Fan Club".

I also noticed that one of your puppies went to Pueblo West, Colorado. I know

that Mindy and her family will just love Ernie to pieces. How can you not -

he's from High Calling Cockers! And he's such a cutie (as all of them are)!

We are having frigidly cold weather here (for Grand Junction, anyway). We've

been having record lows and we're lucky if the highs make it to 20 degrees.

And we have about 4 inches of snow. Now this doesn't sound like much compared

to other parts of the country, but for Grand Junction it's significant because

it's been on the ground for about a month. Usually the snow melts by noon. We

use our gas grill all winter long, but I haven't pulled it out for 3 weeks.

Too doggone cold! LOL!
Drummer is enjoying the snow (he especially loves it when it's fresh). He has

discovered the pleasure of eating the black oil sunflower seeds under the bird

feeders. And he's VERY particular to get only the ones that still have the

meat in them! We can't seem to get him away from it, so I guess we'll have to

fence that area off. I don't want him to get sick hanging out under the bird

feeders.

Hope that you're doing OK and that you survived the holidays. How is your son

doing in Afghanistan? And how is Mike feeling?

You're in my prayers - even if you don't hear from me very often. I still

check the blog and watch all of the puppies grow and go to their new homes.


Big Warm Hugs Comin' to Ya!

Mary :o)


Note from Sue~

      Mary sent me these beautiful pictures for Christmas....one in a gorgeous frame!  So sorry it's taken me so long to get them on the blog!  Aren't they gorgeous?  Mary does a beautiful job keeping Drummer in full coat.  :")    Good job Mary!!!! 

Sue