Friday, October 5, 2012

Rest in peace, Phil~



My trip to Florida was cut short upon word that one of my choir members had had a massive stroke and was not doing well.   I flew home on Wednesday night.  Phil Voelker passed away peacefully on Thursday evening and I was so glad I got home in time to see him before he rested in the arms of the Lord.  I called upon Phil quite often to say our closing prayer after choir rehearsal.  You could tell how much he loved the Lord when he prayed. He was also an elder in our church.  He and his wife Jan were very active in the Lutheran "happenings" in the area.  As the scriptures say, "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.".  Phil had the assurance of a home in heaven and I know I will see him again in "glory".   Please pray for Jan, as she and Phil had no children and did everything together.  I will play the organ for Phil's funeral, and our choir will sing "Amazing Grace" as a tribute to him and in thankfullness for a very full, happy life given graciously by our Savior. 

Sue