Saturday, October 6, 2012

"Miss Bailey Glory" in her Angel costume for Halloween from Buffalo, New York~




Dear Sue,


I asked Bailey what she wanted to be for her first Halloween and she said she wanted to be a Guardian Angel to help watch over Uncle David. I thought that was a great idea. Her older brother and sister, on the other hand, thought something in red would be more appropriate :). But she really is an angel most of the time and the rest of the time she's just a four month old puppy doing what four month old puppies do. It's not her fault I stuck her with a bunch of fuddy-duddies! I took pictures now because I'm not entirely sure her wings will still fit by the time Halloween actually rolls around. She's getting that big that fast.

She's doing awesome at puppy socialization! Last week and this week she really started to come out of her shell and interact with the other dogs. Some of her favorites moved over to the big dog side this week, but she made some new friends and showed them how much fun the slide is. I'll be sad when she turns 6 months old and can't go anymore, so we're thinking about sending her to daycare on Fridays like we did with Chica. It will get her out of the crate for a day and I love exposing her to different dogs because we never know who we'll meet on one of our walks.

Bailey and Curley got to meet their Grandma today. My Mom took my Aunt Moira out to California to see Big Sur, the Giant Red Woods, Yosemite, and Lake Tahoe. After flying in to Buffalo last night, she stopped by the apartment this afternoon to meet her Grandkids before returning to Albany. She could not be any more in love with them and the feeling was mutual. She said over and over again that she couldn't believe how soft and beautiful Bailey is. And she laughed every time she looked at her giant fluffy paws. I can't wait to bring her home with me the week before Christmas. My Dad's going to flip for her and he'll love having a dog in the house again. I've already found a great daycare center for her to spend the days at while Mom and I work around the house as there's so much to get done. In the evenings Grandpa will be more than happy to entertain her, particularly if she'll be so tuckered out she'll just want to nap with him.

And that isn't today's only good news! This morning Bailey slept in until 6:15!!! Usually she has me up between 5:30-5:50 on Saturdays, then sleeps in until 6:30 on Sunday mornings. This gives me hope that one day she, too, will look at Alex getting up at 6:30, say "Have a great day at work, Dad!", then go back to sleep for at least another hour.

Say a prayer for Alex this week, Sue! Saturday we are going to celebrate my Goddaughter, Hannah's, 4th birthday, so I'm heading to Albany. I was going to take Bails with me, but Alex told me to leave her here. It will be the first time I've left him home alone with the three kids for more than a few hours, and I'm a little nervous, as any Mom would be. I'm sure it will be fine...as sure as I am that they'll all be ecstatic to see me early Sunday afternoon.
David remains in our prayers and we'll say one for Phil and Jan tonight as well. We love the pictures of Layla and Madison. They are both so precious and we'll continue to pray that Madison goes home very soon.

Love,

Sarah & Bailey