Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"Miss Abby" from Chesapeake, Virginia~


This is Mike and his adorable family. He flew to Buffalo two years ago, picked up Abby, flew home and met his family at their airport, surprising them with delight!  I felt like I knew Mike "forever" because he reminded me so much of our oldest son, Mike.  :")






Hi Sue,

Abby turns two this month and I just thought I’d check in and send a few pictures.


I flew up to Niagara Falls from Virginia Beach on the day after Thanksgiving 2010 to pick her up. I still remember how small and fragile she seemed wrapped in her baby blanket. She sat in my lap the whole flight home and never made a sound.

Fast forward two years: Abby is the most fun, social and playful dog I’ve ever known. She has boundless energy, but she seems to know when it’s time to cuddle, when it’s time to play and when it’s time to get serious. She’s happiest chasing tennis balls and she loves to trail run. She’s up to about 15 miles a week. In the house, she’s just happy being wherever I am.

I live just outside of Washington, DC now, so “Abs” and I meet plenty of people. Whether we’re running on a bike trail, sitting outdoors at a restaurant or just taking one of our daily walks, I get regular comments from total strangers about how cute or how well behaved she is. I can trust her off the leash in most situations and she’s a perfect “heeler” when she’s tethered. Her step mom and I have put a lot of time into training her and it’s paid off a hundred fold.

Abs truly brightens up my every day. I can never be in a bad mood when she’s around. If I am, she always seems to know how to turn it around. She’s become a part of my life like no other pet I’ve ever owned. I only hope owners of other High Calling Cockers are having as much fun as we are.

Mike