Sunday, August 26, 2012

"Miss Bailey Glory" from Buffalo, New York~



Hi Sue!
It's been a full week in the Cedeno house! We started out last Saturday at the vet for our second series of shots, then headed down the road to my friend Kathy's house to spend some time playing with her Keeshound, Molly. Molly competes in Obedience and her next competition is September 8th. I'd like to check it out, see if that's something I can do with Bailey in the future.

Sunday we finally got the kids to Emery Park in East Aurora. I've been trying to get them out there for weeks, but it's either been too hot out or raining. They had so much fun! I was glad I had Dad's camcorder with me. We were able to get our first family photo! I'm looking a little worse for wear, but everybody else looks adorable! I've yet to find a hair product that can defeat WNY's humidity. Yet another reason I'll never live in Florida...

Monday would have been Peanut's 11th birthday, so Chica and I went up on the roof to send him a balloon. He sent us a beautiful sunset in return (with God's help, of course!). Then I took my three beautiful kids for our final walk of the day and allowed my thoughts to reflect on the 10 wonderful years we had with him in the peace and quiet of a beautiful late Summer evening.
Wednesday Bailey went to puppy socialization for the first time at Dog Days of Buffalo. She started out playing with a Black Lab pup named Maybe, but Maybe got too excited and was playing a little too rough for Bails, so she spent the rest of the hour either trying to hide behind me or hiding in anyone else's lap when I wouldn't let her hide behind me. Fortunately a Chocolate Lab, named Hazel, who was just as roudy showed up to occupy Maybe. I think this week they're going to be over with the big dogs. Bailey did bond with a Cane Corso named Dozer, who was as uncertain as she was about the Labs. They were cute and I hope he's back again this week. They are having an equally hard time getting Dozer and their senior German Shephard together as I am Bails and my seniors. If she'd just quit pouncing on their heads while they're sleeping I'm sure things would go much smoother :)! We're going to try again tomorrow night at Canine & Company and see if we do a little better...then Mommy may treat herself to something sweet across the street at Antoinette's...

Friday we celebrated Chica's 10th anniversary. I cannot believe it's been a decade since we found her at a gas station in Puerto Rico, so sick with mange and worms the vet said she wouldn't have lasted much longer. We are so blessed and lucky to have her for our very own! God truly does work in wondrous ways!

After five weeks, Alex gave me a "day off" yesterday. He took care of the kids while I headed out on an outing with a friend. When I got home around 5:00, Bailey was in her crate, Chica was gated in our bedroom, Curley was looking relieved to see me, and Alex was looking frazzled. He swears he just put her in her crate five minutes before I walked through the door and Chica WANTED to be gated in the bedroom. In actuality, he did not take them for an afternoon walk and then tried to bribe them into good behavior with boiled chicken-it worked for as long as it took them to gobble down the chicken...I wish I had Nanny-cams in the apartment...
I hope things are going well with you, Mike and the entire family. You all remain in our nightly prayers and we are so thankful to you for our precious little Bailey. Our family would not be complete without her!

Love,

Sarah