Monday, July 23, 2012

"Bailey Glory" from Buffalo, New York~


Hello, Sue!


What a stunning little girl you have given us to treasure! Her favorite place to nap is behind my back as I sit on the floor leaning against the couch. She is a very good eater, so we have been working on getting her to eat just HER food and not her brother's and sister's as well.

Her favorite "toy" remains the water dish, but we are making progress on getting her to just drink it, not swim in it. For some reason the other two prefer fresh water to bath water :). A very close second is the toy you sent her home with. It is good for diverting her when she tries chewing on fingers, toes and clothes.

She is a great little walker, too. We have been on many over the last day and a half to burn off that puppy energy. The first one was rough while we tried to get things sorted out, but after that, she just watches what Chica and Curley do and follows along.

We went to bed about Midnight, maybe a little earlier, and she only woke me up once during the night to go out, which I only have faint recollections of, before we all got up about 6:45 when we heard Alex start moving around to go to work. I'm hoping by Thursday we can time her over-night potty break for 4:30-this is when Alex has to get up to go to work because the delivery for the restaurant comes-and would give me a night off. I confess, I did sleep outside her crate and may pay for that tonight, but the sleep felt wonderful!

We started today with a morning walk, then breakfast. Bailey practiced some "alone" time while I got my shower and I think Chica wishes she was deaf like Curley :). Then it was off to the vet, where she got rave reviews. The vet checked her out both in the office and in the lab where it was quiet and found absolutely no health problems. We have her next series of shots scheduled for August 18th and her spay surgery is booked for October 26th.

We are head over heels in love with her, Sue! Thank you so very much for her!
Love,

Sarah & Alex

Chica, Curley & Bailey Glory