Saturday, June 16, 2012

"Miss Bella" and "Miss Bethany" from Tuckasegee, North Carolina~




Good Morning Sue,
Wow! I'm so sorry I haven't written in so long but I had a very bad accident at home and it has taken me all this time to recover. I fell in my kitchen with my head hitting my oak table, then the chair, then my head bounced twice on my tile floor. I was unconscious for at least two hours. Bella was amazing as was little Bethany. Bella did what a Therapy Dog is trained to do she tried everything to get a response from me and she never left me. Bethany stayed close by but let big sister do her thing. I woke to Bella's touch and many warm wet kisses.

Needless to say there wasn't a spot that wasn't bruised, I ended up with a severe concussion, my doctor wanted me in the hospital but of course I didn't want to go. He finally said I could stay at home if I remained in bed or my recliner and didn't do anything. Truly, I couldn't have done anything if I had wanted too! I couldn't remember phone numbers, emails, and the list went on and on. It was so strange I knew what the phone was but I didn't even know what 911 meant! Everyone has asked why didn't you call 911 after you came too it was because I didn't know what it was for. It was like someone mixed up the computer deck and it is just now beginning to get back in order.

My doctor and others have suggested that I train Bella to dial 911. She would be great but I don't know how to do that and I don't know of anyone in our area who trains dogs for that skill. Bethany on the other hand would be calling every chance she could just to get extra attention and possibly more treats ! Even if I had one of the alert pendants I probably wouldn't have know to use it. This is the drawback to being single.

My family has suggested I need to get a bit more serious about marriage! I've told them if God has someone for me he will bring us together!

I hope you and all are well. Please let me know. I pray for you and think of you daily! I'll send new photos soon.

Cherrie, Bella and Bethany.