Thursday, May 17, 2012

"Miss Emily" from Quincy, Massachusetts~




Hi Mama Sue,

Hope you had a nice Mother's Day, my mom sure did! When I first came out
to the kitchen and saw the presents on the table, I was very excited for I thought
oh boy--presents for me. My excitement, however, was short-lived as I heard my
brother say, NO Ems those presents are for mom not you. (Just so you know, Mama
Sue, most of the presents that come into the house are for me).
We spent a lovely day in the backyard planting flowers and of course, as you can see,
by the picture I am sending along; I was on my "daily mission" to check the bird bath and
feeder to see what visitors there might be. Some I let stay and some I don't; I let the little
birds stay around, but not those blue-jays. I'm not sure exactly why, but they annoy me; it could
be that they aren't nice to the other birds. I'll give this idea some more thought and let you
know for sure.
Last week I went to see Willow, my groomer, and she gave me my regular "summer do." We
did try the long hair for awhile, but honestly Mama Sue - it just wasn't me. Admittedly most girl
cockers are feminine little ladies, but not me - I've been a tomboy from the get-go and this short
do suits me and my personality. Hope I haven't disappointed you by saying this, but I am what I am.
I enjoy hikes in the woods, stalking insects, swimming in the lake up in Vermont, and playing chase the ball,
just to mention a few of my favorite things.
By the way all your new babies sure are cute. Mama says little Miss Hannah looks a lot like me when
I was a baby. Rosie and Cubby sure do have beautiful babies. It's time for me to check out the backyard
again so I guess I'll say good-by for now.
Love you Mama Sue,

Your Little Emily