Saturday, March 10, 2012

"Miss Emily" from Quincy, Massachusetts~



Hi Mama Sue,

It's me Emily writing to tell you I got in big trouble the other day. Although I don't feel it
was my fault entirely, after all the yard is my domain; any way, this is how the misadventure
came about:
It was a nice sunny day and as usual I headed out for the backyard. Right in front of the white
gate I stopped short in my tracks. Coming out of the ground, on both sides of the gate, were
these 3 inch long green leaves and small purple and white blossoms. Apparently, my mom
had planted two bags of crocus's last Fall that I didn't know about. Well you can just imagine
Mama Sue what I thought of these intruders in my yard. It took me no time at all to remedy the
situation; the ground was soon leveled again and I pranced around the yard with green stems,
leaves and blossoms hanging out of my mouth. It was just about this time that my mother came
out to see what I was up to and oh boy Mama Sue did I ever "catch it." She came right over
to me and in a stern voice called me by my full Christian name "EMILY ABIGAIL", at which
point my mouth fell open and out came the leaves and blossoms. Then she proceeded to give me one of
those awful lectures with those no-no words I don't like to hear. She sent me in the house and
I had to watch her through the glass door raking up all my good doggie excavating.
It took mom some time to get over this little adventure, but by evening I felt it was time to make
my move. She was sitting on the couch watching TV and I walked over and put my head on
her knees and looked at her with my beautiful big brown eyes, my white curly top-knot and curly
ears and the sweetest expression on my face that she absolutely melted and leaned over and
gave me kisses and hugs. I've often heard family members remark that my cute face has saved
me on more than one occasion (thank you Mama Starr and Daddy Tic Tac for that). I ended
the evening taking a nap on Mama's lap - so all is right with my world again...
We never did get much snow this winter, my brother only had to shovel once and that wasn't
very much; no Mt. Emily to climb this year but I was able to catch a few flakes on my tongue.
As you can see by the picture I'm attaching, the sun is out and Tim and I are heading for the park
so I can have a good run and play with my doggie friends. Love you Mama Sue.

Your Little Emily