Sunday, October 23, 2011

Emily from Quincy, Massachusetts~





Hi Mama Sue,


     It's me Emily writing to tell you that I HAVE A BOYFRIEND. His name is Jack and he lives just down the street from me. I first met him when I came to live with my family. As you
can see by the first picture I am sending along to you, I wasn't quite sure if I liked him; he
was so much bigger than I. However, with the passage of time and his visits to my backyard fence, we became better acquainted and now I am head over heels in love. When he comes by to visit I run up and down the length of the side yard; so excited am I to see Jack that I have to expend my energy. We go nose to nose through the fence and my back end wiggles so much, my family thinks it is going to fall off. He is so handsome Mama Sue; he is all black with the softest fur ever, he is four years older than me, and has the most laid-back personality you could ever imagine. I, on the other hand am silver-buff in coloring with a mischievous personality and admittedly rather forward; but I heard both families say "we are a definite match." The other day when Jack and his mother were about to move on, he raised his leg on our chain link fence. My mom said he was marking his territory and letting everyone know that he was my boyfriend. I sure hope mom was right on this one.

We are two of about five or six dogs that meet at the park on Sunday morning. When we arrive and I see my Jack, I run right over to him and kiss him on the nose. All the "humans" laugh, but Jack and I don't care. We all run around and play for about fifteen minutes, but then Jack and I sit side by side and watch the world go by.

Hope all is well with you and the Martin family.

Love,

Your Little Emily