Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Emily from Quincy, Massachusetts~






Hi Mama Sue,

We are now well into the month of July and boy oh boy is it ever hot. We have been
in the high 80's to mid-90's for quite sometime now. Sometimes, it gets unbearable
for me in the backyard (we spend a lot of time out there), so I had to take drastic measures,
to stay cool and comfortable.
My mom has a flower garden in the backyard with a lot of different flowers and a rather
large Azalea bush in it. After surveying the location, I thought this would be the perfect
place for me; so I started some excavating. In order for me to fit into the space I decided on, it
meant I had to do some "doggie gardening." Eight pink petunias had to go - and so they did.
After that little project, I dug a nice long deep hole so I could snuggle down into the cool
dirt. I positioned my "summer space" underneath the Azalea branches that offered me the
shade I needed that allowed me a good vantage place to look out over my domain.
My family didn't really mind the "rearranging" I did in the garden for they all said I looked
very comfortable, happy and quite content. The backyard garden has a new name now, it
is called "Emily's Garden."


Hope you enjoy the pictures we are sending along to you. Life in the Garden, Mama Sue -


IS GOOD.
Love,
Your Little Emily