Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christian's Run Dixon Run from Columbus, Mississippi~


Dear Susan,
I just got these proofs from the photographer. I couldn't wait to send some to you. So far I have only been able to send one picture at a time so please forgive me. Dixon is the love of our lives. He is just what each of us needed. He and Christian are the best of friends. They are inseparable. They even sleep together. On weekends he is in the bed with whoever gets up last. He loves to go outside early and come back in and snuggle with someone. He is so smart that I sometimes expect him to speak to me. He follows commands easily, and loves to get one of his "biscuits". He weighs about twenty pounds now and is very tall. He loves his toys, and he loves to play. He is so fast when he runs. He loves to play football, baseball, frisbee, chase, and hide and seek. At night after Christian goes to bed, he gets in the chair with me, wiggles around, and sits frontward. He puts his head on my chest and lets me love on him until he falls asleep. At night he will come and lightly scratch on Tim's arm when he needs to go out. I am not the late night person. Once in a while, it is a false alarm, and he just drinks some water from the pool. He is so funny with his front legs around the ledge, bending down to get a drink.



These pictures were made at Lake Lowndes, which is just two blocks from where we live. The weather was beautiful, and the sky was a cornflower blue. You can see some of the beautiful foliage in the background. I just love the golds and reds of fall. Dixon loves riding in the car. He hardly ever barks, and when he does it's a light woof woof like he's clearing his throat. He did that at first at drive up windows, but now he is used to it. He loves everybody, but he hates the broom when I'm using it. I usually close the kitchen door when I need to sweep.



It will be hard to choose the pictures for the Christmas card. I think they both look so handsome. Dixon is very photogenic and cooperated with the photographer. He looks like a model.



I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We will always be thankful for you and our sweet, beautiful Dixon.



Love you,

Nancy, Tim, Christian, and Dixon