Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Drummer from Grand Junction, Colorado~


Hi, Sue!
I've been meaning to write for a long time.
We are having so much fun with Drummer! He was 1 year old on October 14th and

we celebrated with a trip to the vet's office! Dr. Coons was very impressed

with him and said that he has a beautiful coat and was a very healthy boy. He

weighed in at 28 pounds - which Dr. Coons said is the perfect weight for him.

Drummer wasn't too happy to have his ears checked, but he tolerated it. He's

one strong and healthy boy!
Drummer did get to enjoy a new toy for his birthday. It's this wacky monkey

that you can stuff a tennis ball inside. He works like crazy trying to get the

tennis ball out! He succeeded one time, but I stuck it back in and he started

all over again with it! How he loves his tennis balls!

It has finally cooled off. We had very mild weather up until yesterday. We had

our first freeze last night. It hadn't even been CLOSE to freezing. It

normally freezes at the beginning of October, so this was unusually late (but

not a record - I think that the latest first freeze was November 6th). Drummer

is loving the colder weather. He was getting tired of the hot stuff. So was I!

I knew that it was going to get cold, so I finally pulled all of my annuals on

Sunday. I was getting really tired of watering them! LOL! I've never had to do

it so late in the year, but I didn't have the heart to pull them until I knew

that it was going to freeze. Now I'm glad that it's done.

Well, I need to run for now. I've attached a couple of pictures for you. One

is of Drummer checking out his new monkey-toy and the other is more of a posed

shot (he looks like quite the fluffball!). I'm praying for homes for all of

your little ones on the website. They're all so precious!
Thanks for such a wonderful cocker! I can't imagine life without him!
Smilin' and Wavin'
Mary :o)