Saturday, September 11, 2010

Regarding the tribute to 9-11 (Archie and Toby's (Timmy) mother~

Sue,


Thank you for sharing that very moving tribute to all those who lost someone on 9/11. We ALL lost something that day although I think that on most days we tend to go on normally with our lives. My son Chad had just started his freshmen year at Pitt and they evacutated their Towers, which are several of the dorms, as they heard there were more planes being sabotaged and the university just wanted to be safe. I know that you understand how freightened I was for him but what could I do? At that time I had not yet turned my life over to God and in fact, honestly the thought of prayer never even entered my thoughts. How foolish I was back then, but how complete I feel now that I have our Wonderful Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ in my life.



Several years ago as we traveled to our home in Fleetwood from a visit to Chad in Pittsburgh, we detoured to the crash site of Flight 93. It was just a field, but yet like none that I had ever seen in Pennsylvania. The makeshift memorial was laden with items that visitors had left there: teeshirts, stuffed animals, firemen helmets. It was an overcast day when we visited, and as the volunteer described from which direction the plane came down, just skimming the crest of the field coming to land just before some trees, the wind picked up. The silence was deafening, with the only noise being the flapping of the American flag. How appropriate the one thing that did survive that day, the spirit of the American People who proudly stand under that flag.



Thanks to folks like you Sue who will not let us forget that day, we have to remember!

Bless you as you groom another litter of beautiful pups for some very lucky people,

Love you,

Kathy