Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Drummer Boy from Grand Junction, Colorado~



Hi, Sue!




I haven't had a chance to write, but I did notice that both "Timmy" and

"Moses" have their forever homes! I'm so glad! I will keep praying for "Bobby"

and "Pickles"!



Drummer had his first experience with real thunder last week, and then we had

a series of severe storms that moved through yesterday. Last week's was bad

because he needed to go outside (or so he thought!) when a storm was starting

to get close. There was a little bit of rumbling and quite a bit of wind so he

didn't want to get "down to business". All of a sudden there was a flash of

lightning and a KA-BOOM! We BOTH ran for the door! That was WAY too close!

Poor Drummer was petrified and sat huddled on my lap for 20 minutes. He didn't

go potty until much later and it took a lot of enticement to get him to

venture outside again! LOL! That was his first experience with severe thunder

and it was unfortunate that it had to be like that! Then we had all of these

storms move through yesterday and he was so scared that I found him hiding in

the closet in our office! Poor guy! I picked him up and held him for about 30

minutes and he just snuggled in and slept. I'm not sure if I'll ever get him

past the thunder, but at least he's small enough to snuggle with (which is

kind of nice since he hasn't done much of that since that first month that we

brought him home).



I also wanted to wish you and Mike Happy Anniversary! It's August 18th, if I

remember correctly, and your 43rd? I hope that you have a blessed day! I know

that you have been busy delivering puppies to their new homes, but maybe

you'll get a breather tomorrow?

God bless and Big Hugs comin' your way!

Mary :o)