Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bella from Tuckasegee, North Carolina~



Hi Sue,

Say a special prayer for Bella and me. Tomorrow evening (7:30) we are going for Phase 1 testing for National Therapy Dog Certification. The first test has ten parts and she must pass all of them to go to the next stage. There are four stages for full certification. Even if she doesn't pass all of them at this time we'll know what to work on and she'll be able to take the Phase 1 test again. I'm praying she'll pass, as we've worked very hard on this, but with the heat I don't know how she'll perform. I've placed everything in Christ's hands and his will shall be done. Amen and Amen.
******************************************************************************
Follow up~

Hi Sue,



A huge Thank You for all the prayers and for breeding such wonderful Cockers!! I was so nervous, at first, since we had never attended formal Puppy Classes or any Advanced Beginners classes. Everyone there has been though various classes. In our county they only hold Puppy Classes twice a year sometimes three times. When they were offered, Bella was past the age limit. Our county doesn't offer any beginners or advanced class work, so everything was my training techniques.

We had a variety of breeds present, a huge Newfoundland (Which took all his owners strength to hold), a Boxer, a Terrier, a Collie, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Bella (America Cocker Spaniel.) Our examiner brought her Therapy Dog which is a Yellow Lab.

You are so correct, I never dreamed we'd be working as a Therapy Dog Team or have experienced so many emotional events with both my sister and Mother's passing. I kept praying and Bella was her wonderful self, although she didn't know exactly what was going on or what to expect. They were impressed with her and saw her special qualities. The only thing we need to work on is getting more experience which we will as we go though the process. I've registered her for a "Beginners Class" just to polish our techniques. The woman that teaches the class said she was impressed with our team at last nights testing. She told me Bella is a beautiful Cocker and represents what the breed is noted as being a sweet, calm, friendly, gentle nature dog.
Bethany Willow will be going to the same training center for her Puppy Classes. The first Puppy Class group class filled up before I got there but they're holding my application because there's usually more request for Puppy Classes. If they get enough interest they'll open the other class. So, I'm praying there will be more requests for the second Puppy Class.


My prayers are with you as you journey to deliver those special babies today. You and Mike are always in my prayers. Take a little time for yourself, I know, I know....that's a hard item to locate and follow through. Even a few minutes on the porch or a cool place under a tree is a refreshing blessing.


Hugs,
Cherrie' and Bella