Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A tribute to Kenny and little Mark~




A tragedy has hit very close to home.  A close friend of my family and his nephew passed away in a mobile home fire in a neighboring village.  Kenny went to school with my kids and played on the basketball team with my boys.  He had had quite a few close calls in his short life before this happened.   The fire struck around 5 AM Saturday morning, and Kenny saved a couple of the children and their mother (his sister), but went back in to get the 8 yr old boy and neither of them made it out. As some of you know, we have 8 boys in our family. Kenny's last name was Martin also, but he is not related to us.  However, he used to joke all the time that he was one of "the brothers".   I pray that the family will be comforted with the peace that only the Lord can give.  Satan prowls around to see whom he can kill and destroy.  But Jesus has conquered death.  He is alive forevermore, and we shall live with Him.  I am posting this video as it ministers to me in my time of need.
  Jesus says, "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die."