Saturday, February 27, 2010

Drummer Boy from Grand Junction, Colorado~



Hi, Sue!

I'll bet it's getting rather quiet at your house! Have you run into weather
problems while trying to deliver puppies? The east coast seems to be getting
slammed repeatedly with winter storms. Has that hindered you in any way?

Drummer is doing great! He is an absolute fuzzy doll! We have been going to
puppy classes where we are reinforcing the training I was doing at home - only
now we do the commands with lots of distractions around! Walking on lead is
getting better, although it is still kind of a 50/50 split - half of the time
he's walking with me and the other half I'm walking with him! LOL! The hardest
thing is when we meet someone on our walks - he goes beserk with exhuberance
at seeing someone new! LOL! I'm trying to teach him to sit politely when
greeting someone, but there is so much pent-up excitement in that little body
that he explodes into a wiggley ball of fur and kisses!!! He can only sit for
a few seconds before he erupts! LOL! And, of course, everyone "oohs" and
"ahhhs" over him when they meet him, so my polite greeting is out the window!

I hope that you will get a little rest once all of your puppies are safely
delivered (to prepare you for the next round!). I'm still praying for a home
for "Smoochie"! How can anyone resist such a cute little guy?

I've attached a couple of pictures of Drummer enjoying the snow last weekend.
He loved this snowball that I rolled and kept digging through it until he had
quite the hole dug! Later he destroyed the entire snowball (he had snow flying
everywhere!). I know that spring is just around the corner (my daffodils are 4
inches high already!), but winter just doesn't want to let go. Drummer has yet
to see our yard without snow!

Talk to you soon!

Smiling and Waving!


Mary :o)