Monday, January 11, 2010

Brrrrr....cold in New York State~



Good morning!

Well...we were due. Yep. LOL We haven't had a really bad winter with deep snow that stayed this long on the ground since 1977. That was the year of the blizzard up in these parts. It was terrible...and scary. This sure is pretty...looks great on calendars. Unfortunately, it's expensive...and can be dangerous. I will be so glad when spring arrives.

This is our home. It used to be a stagecoach hotel years ago. Our driveway was the actual dirt road that went past the house. I grew up on this farm. My parents ran a dairy farm when I was a little girl. Then my father sold the herd and concentrated on grain crops. Not only did he run his own farm, he ran a "custom farming" business, and did tilling, planting and harvesting for a great many other farmers as well. I honestly don't know how he had time to get it all done. He has always been such an inspiration to me. I miss my parents so much.

The picture was taken a couple of days ago when the sun was actually shining. Today we're back to clouds, and according to the forecast, it will be cloudy for most of the upcoming week.


Smiling and waving to you all for a blessed week ahead,

Sue