Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bella from Tuckasegee, North Carolina~


Hi Mamma Sue,

It's me, Bella! I'm sorry I haven't written but there has been so much going on at my house. I'm sad that I don't get to see Grammy anymore at the Nursing Center. Mom really misses her but she told me Grammy's in a very special place called Heaven. It sounds great! My job is to get Mom to smile when's she's sad. I do a very good job at that! Also, we go to visit all the residents at the Nursing Center and you won't believe it but everyone knows my name! I even get special treats at the Nurses Stations and sometimes, if my Mom would let me, the residents want to give me special food they've saved just for me! But, Mom is very strict about rules, no food unless it's from my treat bag. I go though all my commands and they tell me I'm a very smart girl and one of the prettiest cocker spaniels they've ever seen.

I had my Mom send you some new photos! Look at me in all that white stuff again! It's really strange, I went to sleep the night before and there wasn't any of this cold, wet, white stuff. I woke up and look what happened again! Mom laughs at me when I go out at first, cause I stalk it! Then I slap it with my paw and next I pounce on it and try to gobble it up. Next we have loads of fun running around in the snow. Mom told me we're getting ready for a new winter storm moving into our area. I hope there's more snow, I don't like the rain. If it's raining I wait on the kitchen porch until I have on my snood, my coat and most importantly, I wait until my Mom has opened the big umbrella before I venture outside.

Mom has been doing something called remodeling. The kitchen is almost finished, we have a new soapstone woodstove and just loads of things for me to smell and get into.

Give all my family my best puppy love and tons of kisses. Thank you again Mamma Sue for letting me come to live with my Mom. I'm trying to make you proud. Mom tells me I'll be getting a sister. I'm not sure what that is but Mom reads about the adventures of Bonnie and Betsy. This has me thinking... Maybe it will be a good thing!

Puppy wiggles,
Bella