Saturday, April 25, 2009

Piper from Victor, NY~





Good morning, Sue!

Thank you so much for this little bundle of love! I cannot put in words how very much I love her....

She is asleep at my feet as I type this.... I have taken shots with my new camera and will send you some when I teach myself how to put them in the computer.

She has noticeably grown since we first held her a week ago today, and she now bounds up steps that a week ago she could not negotiate. She quickly learned to respond to her name (both Piper and Piper Grace), and housebreaking is going reasonably well. Her Aunt Becky stops every evening on her way home from work and Piper does twirlly jumps with excitement when she walks though the door.... She sleeps (with me, of course) through the night without any accidents. She follows me from room to room and wants to be with me as much as I want to be with her, and she bounces around as only new puppies do, and is very curious. She is wonderfully social, and everyone she has met -- and she has met a lot of my friends and family this week -- remarks about how pretty and sweet she is.... I think Piper's favorite times of day are playtimes. Mine are the cuddletimes -- every evening and sometimes in the morning or during the day she falls asleep on my chest. She is very good at entertaining herself with her toys and gives every indication of being a happy little girl.

With Dolly's litter gone to their forever homes, I hope you have had a week that was a little more peaceful than usual. Please know you are in my prayers daily, and I will be blessed to hear how the Lord is ordering your steps -- I sincerely hope you will be able to take that summer road trip you wrote me about. And I hope we can see each other again -- we don't live that far apart! Becky and I would love to bring little Piper Grace back to see you in a few weeks or months so you so you can see how she has grown.... And please stay in touch as the Lord leads and time permits....

I hope Rosie's and Miss Flower's pregnancies are going well -- our love to them, to Dolly and Cubby, and to all your little ones....

God has blessed us with a heaven-sent little bundle of love whom we treasure beyond measure! May He bless you with a beautiful day today and meet your every need beyond your hope and expectation.... Love and hugs,

Ruth