Monday, October 13, 2008

Lani Angelette's Trip to her "Forever Home"~


Hi, Mommy Sue! This is Lani. My new mommy and daddy are great! They have lots of fun things to play with, and lots of new things for me to learn about. They said I was SUCH a good girl on the long trip home, and I never pottied anywhere that I wasn't supposed to! I got puppy treats just because I went potty in the grass! That is a pretty sweet deal for me, because I can do that every day! Mommy and daddy said they certainly hope so..... We stopped off for a visit with Shelby and Todd in Columbus, and they gave me lots more presents and treats to take home with me. So, I REALLY like them too! They had two grown up dogs, but I couldn't meet them yet. They were afraid I might hurt the big dogs, because I had too much "in-ur-gy"or something like that. Anyway, I get to meet them when I get bigger. Most of the ride home I slept in my new crate in the minivan. I REALLY LIKED sleeping in my crate! Every once in a while, daddy hit something called a "bump" & and it would wake me up. I would raise my head up to tell him I didn't like that. Then I would lay my head back down, and go back to sleep. Anyway, we got home about 7:30. Since I had lots of sleep and rest on the way home, mommy and daddy said I hit something called "high gear" when I got to my "Forever Home". I don't know what that means, but I don't have time to think about that right now, cause Mommy and Daddy are busy looking for something called my "Off Switch". They haven't been able to find it! Do you know where it is, Mommy Sue?? Give Daisy, Cubby, and all the other High Calling Cockers lots of wet, sloppy kisses from me, and tell them that I miss them very much, and that I will never forget them. I think I will love my new home too. Thank you, Mommy Sue for taking such good care of me, and for finding me such a wonderful Forever Home. My new mommy and daddy said to thank you for them too! They say I am SUCH a sweetheart. I think that will help me get lots of treats, toys, and LOVE! Hugs and Kisses! ...Lani Angelette